Brother Australia has raised the bar in mobile printing, releasing the innovative new RJ-4200 series that is designed to speak to all your mobile devices, and transform logistics workflows across the country. The ultra-compact and ergonomic RJ-4200 series raises the bar on functionality and is engineered to deliver major improvements in performance, ruggedness, connectivity, integration, deployment, battery power and mounting options to enhance Brother’s existing range of mobile solutions. Mobile Deploy ‒ another market first from Brother ‒ comes standard with the new series – an innovative, cloud-based app that facilitates fast, easy deployment of printers by enabling remote updates at the touch of a button.
David Molloy, Mobile Print Specialist at Brother Australia, notes: “Our goal with the RJ-4200 series was to set a new, higher industry standard on mobile printers’ ease of use and integration, ruggedness, drop protection, connectivity, battery size and capacity. We set out to dramatically improve performance metrics and user experience as well ‒ and it has exceeded expectations in beta trial and early deployments. We think that users across market sectors such as route accounting, transportation, public safety, field service, manufacturing and warehouse operations will immediately recognise the value.”
Resounding Success in Trials
Heather Burnett, Head of Distributor Sales for VIP (Vermont Information Processing), a leading provider of route accounting, data collection, warehouse management, and sales execution applications for the beverage industry, adds: “When we participated in the beta release of this product it became evident that the RJ-4200 would meet the stringent requirements of even our toughest and most technologically advanced beverage distributors.” Burnett further comments: “We’re particularly impressed that this printer is so rugged and durable, and the compact, high-capacity battery is a real bonus.”
David Krebs, Industry Analyst and Executive Vice President of Enterprise Mobility at VDC Research Group believes the new series fills an important void. “The Mobile Deploy feature gives enterprises and fleets of all sizes remote management and support capabilities for business-critical field assets such as mobile printers. In addition, Mobile Deploy addresses many of the functionality gaps found in standard mobile device management solutions when supporting unique devices such as Bluetooth® printers.”
Shawn Sicking, Vice President of Technology Sales for Saltus Technologies, developer of digiTICKET ecitation software for the public safety sector comments that, “Printer size, power and mounting configurations are of paramount importance in the police car, and the active docking station available with the RJ-4200 series resolves a key space issue faced by police departments nationwide.”
RJ4200: Advantages of Brother’s Next-Generation Mobile Printers
The Brother RJ-4200 Series is currently comprised of two models: the RJ-4230B (available October, 2018) and RJ-4250WB (available in 2019), both of which include a 3000mAh smart battery, snap on belt clip, roll holder stop, and strain relief clip. The RJ-4230B comes equipped with a Bluetooth radio and the RJ-4250WB has both Bluetooth and WiFi radios. The mobile printers incorporate reliable, hassle-free thermal printing technology with no messy inks, ribbons or solvents to deal with.
A snapshot of features:
- Compact – 20% smaller than its predecessor for lightweight and ergonomic design
- Rugged – ultra-rugged construction with reinforced parts, industrial-grade tactile buttons and moulded rubber housing engineered for improved toughness, 2.1m drop protection and IP54 certified
- Powerful – enhanced print speeds of up to 5ips and industry-leading battery life with real-time battery status indicator
- Easy to use – active docking station, visible LCD display, simple loading, NFC one-touch pairing (from NFC enabled devices) and remote updates and configuration with free Mobile Deploy app
- Smart Li-ion battery (3000mAH) – industry-leading battery life with double the capacity in about half the size – plus indicator for true real-time battery life status
- Stay Connected – Bluetooth 4.2 (Classic/LE/MFi) and WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n) connectivity options, plus NFC capability for easy pairing (from NFC enabled devices), and more
- Compatible – iOS and Android™ SDKs for easier app integration and development
- Versatile – up and down tearbars to mount and use in any direction, top and side access cover release for accessibility in tight spaces, locking roll holders for accurate repeatable print margins and an active docking station accessory for fast mounting or grab and go situations
New Mobile Deploy Software Included Free
A significant new enhancement to the Brother RJ-4200 Series mobile label and receipt printer is the custom-developed, cloud-based Mobile Deploy – a mobile device management app, included free with all models.
Mobile Deploy helps save both time and money by enabling remote configuration of printers in the field – virtually eliminating the need for IT to physically configure or update devices in the office or instruct over the phone. Using the Mobile Deploy app and an internet connection, updates can be pushed directly and simultaneously to field operators’ smart devices. Whether updating one printer or an entire fleet, the operation can be performed simply and easily from one central location.
Availability, Warranty and Support
Vendor: Brother International (Aust) Pty Ltd
Warranty: Standard 12 months return to base warranty. Additional on-site warranty and options can be purchased or are available
Resellers: Authorised Brother Solutions Dealers nation-wide
Source: Brother International (Aust) Pty Ltd