The first Lexus LC Convertible is now available in Australia as the luxury lifestyle brand’s fourth flagship model, joining the LC Coupe, LX luxury SUV and LS luxury sedan to expand the Lexus presence in among the most elite market segments.
Priced from $214,0001, the LC 500 Convertible delivers a unique and enthralling proposition in the luxury convertible segment by combining options-free indulgence with incredible V8 performance and sound.
With fewer than 10 examples arriving locally, the exclusive and bespoke LC 500 Convertible Limited Edition is priced from $234,0001 – marking the ultimate representation of Lexus as a luxury leader for design and craftsmanship.
Lexus targeted uncompromising engineering goals for the LC Convertible to harness the best of the dynamic LC Coupe. Pored over by expert Takumi craftsmen, these focused changes include:
- A redesign of only three major panels (forward pillar, rear guards and bootlid) to ensure the artful silhouette of the LC Coupe is retained.
- Compact and light-weight aluminium and magnesium roof structure that ensures front and rear headroom stays within 11mm and 4mm of the LC Coupe, and boot space figures within 48 litres (149L).
- Luxurious, wrinkle-free cloth for the four-layer roof design, supported by sound-absorbing material for the ultimate in design, refinement and security.
- Serrated-finish roof mechanism switch to deliver impressive tactility as the roof is being lowered (in 15 seconds at up to 50km/h).
- Deep-hung upholstery, expanded seat heating range, user-variable neck heaters and quilted semi-aniline leather trim for the updated front seats.
- Additional under-body bracing and shear panel to support the same driving qualities as the dynamic rear-wheel drive LC Coupe, with more rear-biased weight distribution and lower centre of gravity for the LC Convertible.
The LC Convertible further enhances the Lexus reputation for impeccable craftsmanship and a level of opulence that intensely focuses on every facet of the driving and ownership experience.
From the sight of the exterior design to the tactile touch of switchgear and semi-aniline leather-accented trim, to the sound of the V8 engine and incredible Mark Levinson audio system – every element is at a level befitting a Lexus flagship.
Further reflecting this renowned Lexus philosophy, there are no options for the LC 500 Convertible. Full specification includes:
- 21-inch forged-alloy two-tone wheels
- Clearance and reversing sonar
- Pre-collision safety system2 (PCS) with pre-collision braking2 (PCB)
- Lane keep assist2 (LKA) with steering assist
- Blind spot monitor2 (BSM) with rear cross traffic alert2 (RCTA)
- All-speed radar active cruise control2 (ACC)
- Pop-up pedestrian sensing safety bonnet
- Six SRS airbags
- Vehicle stability control (VSC) and traction control (TRC)
- Triple-stack LED headlights with cornering lights and washers, dusk-sensing function and automatic high-beam (AHB)
- Keyless smart entry with smart key card
- Retractable door handles with illumination
- LFA-style 8.0-inch digital instrumentation with slide-out meter ring
- Colour head-up display (HUD)
- 10.3-inch multimedia screen with Lexus Remote Touch-pad (LRT) controller
- Reversing camera with rear guide assist (RGA)
- Apple CarPlay®3 and Android Auto™4 compatibility
- DAB+5, USB and AUX inputs
- Satellite navigation system with SUNA live traffic alerts6
- Navigation with speed limit display
- Advanced multimedia voice control
- 13-speaker, 918-watt Mark Levinson®7 DVD Audio with Clari-Fi
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Self-dimming interior mirror
- Dual-zone climate control air conditioning with Lexus Climate Concierge
- Semi-aniline leather-accented front seats
- 10-way power-operated front seats with driver memory settings
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Front seat neck heaters
- Power steering column adjust
- Steering wheel heater
- Touch-sensitive interior lights
- Sports pedals
- Stainless-steel scuff plates
- Active noise control (ANC)
- Mechanical limited-slip differential
- Drive Mode Select – ECO, COMFORT, NORMAL, CUSTOMISE, SPORT S & SPORT S+
Limited Edition specification
The bespoke Lexus LC Convertible Limited Edition arrives exclusively with a mesmerising Structural Blue exterior colour, complemented by a nautical white-and-blue semi-aniline leather-accented interior and unique Limited Edition scuff plates.
Structural Blue pursues an extraordinary visual experience by harnessing a newly developed structural colour pigment the result of an intensive 15-year research project.
Compared with existing blue pigments – where light is absorbed once and blue light reflected – a multi-layer construction enhances the interference effect on the light to reflect higher luminescence and saturation.
Conventional pigment paints reflect less than 50 per cent of incoming light as a visible blue colour, but with Structural Blue the level is nearly 100 per cent.
Structural Blue was inspired by the shimmering blue wings of the American Morpho butterfly and incorporates 300 billion nano-structure (super-small) pigment flakes that generate iridescence, giving the impression of the colour constantly changing with the light.
While the Morpho butterfly is renowned for the iridescent blue of its wings, they are actually colourless. The blue seen by the human eye is created by light interference on the microscopic lattice surface structure of the butterfly’s wings.
Similarly, Structural Blue paint is designed to work on the eye rather than on a camera lens; it is only when it is seen ‘in the flesh’ that the amazing effect becomes clear.
40 colour combinations in addition to Limited Edition specification
As demanded from a flagship convertible by Lexus, luxury customers will be able to tailor their vehicle to match their personal taste thanks to 40 available exterior colour, interior trim and roof colour combinations.
This includes 10 exterior colours – Carnelian, Khaki Metal, White Nova, Slate Grey, Sonic Silver, Titanium, Graphite Black, Infrared, Zinnia Yellow and Deep Blue.
Luxury customers can then select each exterior colour with black trim and black roof, flare red trim and black roof, ochre trim and beige roof, or ochre trim and black roof.
Lexus LC 500 powertrain specifications
The celebrated 5.0-litre normally aspirated V8 petrol engine with direct injection and VVT-i makes 351kW of power at 7100rpm and 540Nm of torque at 4800rpm.
A recently retuned 10-speed automatic transmission with sequential and paddle-shift combines with the revised chassis to leverage the best from the highly rigid GA-L rear-wheel drive platform, with a mechanical limited-slip differential as standard.
Other specifications include combined fuel consumption of 12.7 L/100km8 and a kerb weight from 2035kg.
Lexus Encore Platinum
Every buyer of the LC Convertible will also gain a three-year membership to the recently announced Lexus Encore Platinum Owner Benefits program10.
This builds on the Lexus Encore program and its exclusive hotel and dining benefits, money-can’t-buy experiences and Lexus Service Experience – featuring DriveCare9 24/7 roadside assistance and capped-price servicing including personalised servicing pick-up and drop-off from home or work, and loan vehicle.
Lexus Encore Platinum includes access to Lexus on Demand, allowing Members to swap into another Lexus (subject to availability) at local or interstate dealerships, or Qantas valet at Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth airports.
1 Manufacturer’s recommended retail prices provided for media purposes only. Statutory charges or other on-road costs not included.
2 Driver assist feature. Only operates under certain conditions. Check your Owner’s Manual for explanation of limitations. Please drive safely.
3 CarPlay® is a trademark of Apple, Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
4 Android Auto™ is a trademark of Google LLC.
5 Coverage dependent on vehicle location.
6 Service varies based on vehicle location. See sunatraffic.com.au
7 Product & company names are trademarks of their respective owners.
8 Achieved in test conditions for comparison purposes only. Actual fuel consumption varies depending on driving conditions/style, vehicle condition, load and options/accessories fitted. Source: ADR81/02 combined L/100km.
9 Coverage and service inclusions vary dependent on vehicle location. For full Ts&Cs see your Lexus Dealer or lexus.com.au/smallprint/encore-terms
10 Encore Benefits apply on new and demonstrator vehicles for a 3 year period from the date vehicle is first registered on or after 01/01/2020. Inclusions may change without notice. For full T&Cs and details see your Lexus Dealer or lexus.com.au/Encore